Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sugar Cookies



I have been looking for a really great sugar cookie recipe for a long time. Think Bloedow's bakery in Winona. This week I tried out Grandma Wittenberg's recipe. The cookies turned out really good, light and crispy with soft interiors. I added coconut to some of them and I absolutely love them. I don't think its quite right yet but we are definitely moving in the right direction.

Here's the recipe:

Grandma's Sugar Cookies (from the kitchen of JoAnn Wittenberg)

1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/2 c butter (I use half margarine)
1/2 c oil
1 egg

cream these ingredients then add

1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/8 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar

mix well, chill dough for about 2 hours. Roll in 1 inch balls, dip in sugar and/or coconut and flatten with a glass.

Bake about 15 min at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment