Saturday, March 28, 2009

Whats for dinner tonight?

Ok I seriously hate this question, but it gets asked every night and unless Josh gets a flash of inspiration before I get home from work I get to puzzle it out. What should I make, or more accurately what should I make that I haven't made in the last week or weeks if I am feeling adventurous. The truth is I know maybe a handful of recipes, and most of the good ones take over and hour of prep and baking/cooking time. Josh gets sick of having the same thing all the time but I have almost no ambition to make something else and no inspiration when it comes to grocery shopping so I have to make do with what I've got. Tonight we are having meatloaf. Not too special but warm and good and ketchup is involved so thats a plus for me. (note to self: out of Ketchup) Here is the recipe for your enjoyment:

Mom's Meatloaf

1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 diced onion give or take
1/2 tsp sage
pepper
salt
1 egg
1 cup crumbs
1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
Milk -enough to make it the right consistency for stirring

mix and put it all in a loaf pan

for topping if desired (we often use straight up Hunts Ketchup but I love the sweetness of this stuff:)
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp dry mustard

top and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

I admit I am not a great cook but give me a recipe and I can make delicious food. Especially if I get to bake it. Brownies and cookies and bread are definitely my specialties.

1 comment:

  1. sounds nommmy! i've never had meatloaf, but now i'm craving it, especially the recipe on ragu cans for cheese & mac stuffed meatloaf.

    ReplyDelete